How to be more eco friendly? Can Pep Rey has some answers.
There is an abundance of information about global warming and the threat it has on our planet. This may feel overwhelming at times, but the small actions and changes we make each day begin to count.
That is why Can Pep Rey has created a helpful guide on how to become more eco friendly. Even if you're already trying to live your life in the most responsible way; a little reminder never hurts!
These 10 easy changes can help you reduce your carbon footprint and make a difference on the planet:
- Turn off your appliances, energy conservation is one of the easiest ways to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Buy a reusable bottle, avoid plastic packaging.
- Walk or ride a bicycle.
- Plant a tree.
- Take shorter showers.
- Choose eco-friendly fabrics and natural fibres or buy second hand clothing.
- Buy half of your food locally, the shorter the food chain, the less waste is created.
- Eat less meat: by reducing meat consumption and substituting for plant proteins you will save an estimated 82 million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions per year. If everyone in the world switched to a vegetarian diet, we could save 330 million million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions per year (5% reduction).
- Make your own cleaning products. Use a mix of 800ml tap water, essential oils and 50ml of Castile soap (originally from Spain) for a multipurpose cleaning spray.
Invest in new house plants. Peace Lilies and Boston Fern plants thrive in humidity, therefore reducing mould spores in your home. Mother-in-law’s tongue gives off oxygen at night, which is a perfect plant for your bedroom.